Following the promulgation of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and subsequent enactment of the Water Act 2016 the provision of water
services is now a devolved function of the County Governments. Consequently, the County Governments took over the ownership of the
Water Service Providers [WSPs] within their counties.
Under the Corporate Governance guidelines, the Water Services Providers [WSPs] are managed by a Board of Directors whose primary
function is oversight in the long-term interest of shareholders and stakeholders.
In this respect, The County Government of Kilifi [CGK] intends to fill two vacant positions in the Board of Kilifi-Mariakani Water & Sewerage
Co. Ltd (KIMAWASCO-WSP) as indicated below:
BACKGROUND OF THE DIRECTORS
The composition of the directors requires a mix of skills from the Business and Manufacturing Community, Professional Bodies, Resident
Organizations, Women Organizations and Local Stakeholder groups such as schools, farmers, youth groups, geographical representation
etc. The selection process will be subjected to the Constitutional requirement of gender and regional balance.
To be eligible, all persons appointed to the board must.
- Be literate and numerate to at least O level with Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate experience and acumen in any business, profession or trade for at least 7 years.
- Demonstrate participation in local development initiatives.
- Have experience as change management agent.
- Not be suppliers or other trading associates of the Company.
- Be a resident within the area served by the Company.
- Obtain recommendation from the nominating body they wish to represent.
- Fulfil conditions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership & integrity.
Applications are invited from qualified individuals wishing to be considered to serve as member of the Board of Directors of Kilifi-Mariakani
Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd [KIMAWASCO] – WSP
Description of Vacant Positions
I. One member representing the Tourism Sector.
II. Two members representing the Women Organizations within the County of Kilifi.
Interested persons should submit their applications and curriculum vitae [CVs] indicating the stakeholder group they belong to. The application should be sent in a plain and sealed envelope marked Application for Directorship and deposited or sent to the WSP through
the following address: –
The Chairperson, Selection Panel
C/o Managing Director
Kilifi-Mariakani Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd
P O Box 275-80108
The deadline for submission of applications is 29th November, 2022. Youth, Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to